Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Halloween Piano Challenge: Don't Scare Me... Surprise Me!

Halloween Piano Challenge, Music Studio Halloween Activities

Each October in my piano studio, I give my students a challenge full of choices.  There are so many fun Halloween-themed resources to use in piano lessons, but rather than just choose one for my students, I let them select from a list of "tricks" to "treat" me with at their October music lessons.  

We sample a few at Halloween Group Lessons and then they can surprise me with their project(s) of their choice from the "Halloween Don't Scare Me Surprise Me" Challenge Sheet during the month.

Click the link to access the free printable google doc that you can share with your students and piano parents. The hyperlinks allow them to access the tutorials, free music, and other Halloween composing resources.

Halloween Piano Student Challenge

A few of the options include:


Even young students can catch on to the catchy triplet rhythms in the Addams Family Triplety Tap Cup Pass.

For more Halloween-themed music activities check out this Halloween Resource Roundup including favorite music activities I have tried over the years inspired by piano teachers around the world.

Lighting up your next Halloween Group or Private Lesson with Glow Cups or Candy Corn Notes will be an unforgettable experience!

Piano Halloween Resource Roundup heidispianonotes.blogspot.com


I love Ashley Danyew's post  "40 ideas to inspire creativity in your students." It has more simple and fun prompts to keep music students creating all year long!

No comments:

Post a Comment