Monday, April 29, 2013

Piano Game Resource List by Concept & Level

It's not all black and white...a colorful approach to teaching!
I love playing games with my students and have accumulated quite a few over the years.  I love using them as quick lesson starters, group lesson fun or as a "treat" at the end of the lesson if we have a few minutes to spare.  Unfortunately some of them get "lost in the cabinet."   In an effort to better utilize all of my games, I've created this leveled game resource list with links to the sources so I can refresh on how to play them if needed.   I like how it makes it easier for me to browse my games by concept (notereading, rhythm, intervals, terms, etc.) and select the perfect match for my student's private lesson or group lessons.

If you have any other favorites that are not on the list, please let me know in the comments!
The levels correspond roughly with the concepts of Hal Leonard Method Books (1-5) and/or the Music Progressions Curriculum which I use as a framework for the order of my curriculum.

Music Alphabet, Piano Key Names
Note Reading
Musical Terms, Symbols
Rhythm
Whole/Half Step, Accidentals, Enharmonics
Intervals
Ear Training
Stem Placement

Chords
Scales
Key Signatures
Music History
Composition/Improv
Multi-Concept
Thanks to all of these fabulous bloggers for generously sharing their creative ideas!
Susan Paradis.com (SP)
Pianimation by Jen Fink (PN) - No longer accessible
Color in My Piano by Joy Morin (CIMP)
Colourful Keys by Nicola Cantan (CK)
Pianoanne by Anne Crosby Gaudet (PA)
Music Matters by Natalie Wickham (MM)
Layton Music Studio by D'Net Layton (LMS)
Notable Music Studio by Sheryl Welles (NM)
Piano Escapades by Wendy Chan (PE)
Sing a New Song by Jeana Beasley (SNS)
The Teaching Studio by Jenny Boster (TS)


Brought to you by HPN
(Heidi's Piano Notes by Heidi Neal)





5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is amazing, Heidi! Great job putting that together for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's been on my "to do" list for months. It was nice to get it completed... although with all of the awesome resources people continue to post it will probably never actually be completed for good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, I'm sure this will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this Heidi. It is extremely helpful and efficient. I know I will refer to this list often. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete