With so many different elements to teach in music lessons, it can be challenging to fit it all in. This year I've invited my piano students to complete a challenge each month that goes along with our monthly group lesson focus.
Although these concepts are woven into lessons throughout the year, having a focus theme and deadline makes it more likely for them to boost their skills. And it makes lesson planning simpler as the teacher!
If they successfully complete at least 10 challenges a year from this Piano Challenge Chart they are eligible for an invite to our Spring Piano Challenge Party.
Monthly Piano Challenge Focus Topics
- Pass off a new level for the One Minute Club Challenge by naming and playing notes quickly.
- Bronze: Bass F-Treble G
- Silver: Bass C- Treble C
- Gold: Bass G- Treble F
- Master: Grand Staff + Ledger Lines
- Susan Paradis Notes in the Fast Lane Sheets are gradually leveled and easier than flipping flashcards for this activity.
- Complete a challenge from the Halloween Surprise Me Sheet.
- Can you play arpeggios in 12 keys?
Ear Training - Choose 1 challenge to complete
- Earn 90% or Higher on Listening Test
- Complete 30 levels on the bubble tones app
- Finish 10 Aural Games on TonicTutor.com free play mode.
The Expert Ears Challenge Free Printable includes links to activities students can try at home or during piano lab to prepare for their listening tests.
- Earn 90% or Higher on Theory Test
Earn 90% or Higher on Theory Test: Theory Skills by Level
Terms and Signs
- Earn 90% or Higher on Terms and Signs Test
This Free Printable Terms and Signs Study Sheets includes terms and signs definitions and symbols for various levels.
Scales/Chords and Chord Progressions
- Complete the next level of Rhythm Boss on the Rhythm Swing app or
- Count aloud and clap a Music Progressions Rhythm Sheet correctly at your lesson.