Theory Challenge Options
This month my piano studio focus is music theory. Students can select from the following challenges to earn a prize at their lesson for each challenge they complete. Winners of the Tonic Tutor Aim High (highest overall game scores) and Overachiever (most extra achievements earned after finishing lesson) contests will be announced at next month's group lesson
- Complete a written theory test and pass with at least 90% during piano lab.
- Complete a written terms and signs test with at least 90% during piano lab.
- Choose at least 3 music terms or signs and draw a poster to help teach others what it means in a memorable way. Click Here to See Sample Posters
- Watch a Thinking Theory Playlist on YouTube and draw and label at least 10 of the music signs/terms that you learned about as you watched.
Written Music Theory Test Prep ActivitiesYou can practice your skills by clicking on the Compose Create Web Rewards Link for your level and complete online games/printable worksheets to sharpen your skills.
Music Terms and Signs
Can you identify and/or define these music terms and signs?
Review the terms and signs on quizlet.com by clicking the link to your level below. Then select the way you want to review them.
- Flashcard- Flip the virtual note cards to learn/check your answers.
- Learn- Answer multiple choice/fill in the blank prompts to help your master your terms.
- Write- Type the precise definition of the term.
- Spell- Type the word you hear. It's definition appears below.
- Test- Written, matching, multiple choice and fill in the blank questions
- Match(Memory)- Drag and drop the term on top of its definition.
- Gravity - Type the precise definition of the term before it hits the asteroid hits ground.