Saturday, April 20, 2024

LPM Connections 1 Musical Elements and Chord Symbols

This post includes piano activities that correlate with Let's Play Music Connections Lesson 1: Musical Elements and Primary Chords.

Music Samples and History

Choose a primary chord song below and listen to hear when the chords change. Choose your favorite to learn with a lead sheet or sheet music. 




Lava (Pixar short)


Challenges:
 Try Everything (Zootopia) - Play and sing in C, than transpose to Db to play with the video.
Try Everything by Shakira
I-IV-I-V: I-IV-I-V-I

I-IV-I : I-IV-I : I-IV-I:| I-V

I-V : V-IV : IV- I : IV-V : I

Improvisation

Activity 1: Bug Rhythm Scales

Play C, G and F Pentascales  (5 notes)  hands together choosing a different rhythm pattern each day.

  • Bug- Butterfly 
  • Slug- Bug  or Bug-Slug
  • Surprise me and create your own rhythm!

Activity 2: Scale Melody Improvisation.

Use scale notes to improvise melodies as you play along with the backing track of your choice below.
C Major:
Ukulele



Hey!








 

A Day to Remember


Supplementary Music

Piano Safari Rote Technique Piece Half Step Song 


Can you play The Half Step Song with a relaxed hand, non-legato? Be sure to keep a steady beat to prepare for the duet.
Part 1: Ping Pong
Ping Pong High (Doghouse)
Ping Pong Low (Garage)
Ping Pong High
The End You Know

Related Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment