Tuesday, July 25, 2017

DIY Piano Room Photo Collage

 I recently completed my dedicated piano studio room and have been searching for the perfect piano themed decor to adorn my bare walls.  I wanted a photo collage with something personal and inspiring, yet versatile enough to change up to fit my studio themes. 

I began my project with this scrap board which I painted white with spray paint I had on hand(FREE-YIPPEE!).


Next I scoured my digital photos for pictures of my children and students engaged in musical activities through the years, but I couldn't narrow it to just 5 pictures, so I printed over 30 favorites!
I bought 5 black matching frames from the Dollar Store.
I decided to use  my "Piano Quest for Virtues" quotes for the center frame with music in action shots surrounding it.  I wanted an easy way to switch out the pictures and my crafty sister Kara gave me the perfect solution - Command Picture Hanging Strips.  I removed the frame backs for a more flat fit and attached the small velcro Command strips on the sides of each frame.
 Now I can swap out the photos easily whenever I like as I add new photos to my collection.  A few other ideas for a photo collage board include:
  • Highlight photos of students who reach certain achievements like Notes in the Fast Lane, Scale Master, or Rhythm Swing King, Piano Maestro Star Student





No comments:

Post a Comment