Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Ear Training Fun with Feliz Navidad

Feliz Navidad is a fun Christmas song that most kids love because of its energetic rhythms.  But that also makes it beyond the abilities of most beginner piano students to play.  This season I created this chord challenge for my students so
they could practice some primary chord ear training and enjoy accompanying their own singing while playing the chords along with this favorite familiar piece in different keys. For more fun Christmas piano teaching ideas visit my previous post: Christmas Themed Piano Teaching Resource Roundup



Feliz Navidad Primary Chord Challenge
Sing Feliz Navidad and write in the primary chord (I, IV or V) that sounds best above each underlined blank or word.  For the blanks after Feliz Navidad choose a syncopated rhythm to repeat the chord on. Then sing the melody as you play the chords. The melody of the song starts on the 5th degree of the scale in the key you have chosen.

Feliz Navidad,______


                     
Feliz Navidad,_______



Feliz Navidad, próspero ano y felicidad.



Feliz Navidad,_______



Feliz Navidad,_______



Feliz Navidad, próspero ano y felicidad.



I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas,__



I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas,__



I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas,



from the bottom of my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment