Friday, March 30, 2018

Piano Group Lesson Plans and Ensemble Inspiration

Being a musician can often feel like a solitary skill unless teacher's make an active effort to plan ensemble opportunities for their students.
  I love living in a small community that supports the arts!
I was blown away by this amazing performance at my daughter's recent high school choir concert when her friend Haley sang "The Prayer" with George Dyer accompanied by the orchestra, choir and another friend on the piano. I'm sure being a part of this ensemble will be an unforgettable memory for her, and it has made me contemplate how I can involve more ensemble playing in my studio. Group lessons are the perfect stage for ensemble experience and can provide synergy for students who may be lagging at times.

Here's a roundup of Group Lesson blogpost Plans I've had fun using in my studio.
Theory Carnival
Technique and Artistry
Composing and Valentines Day 
Piano Cranium
Effective Practice 
Christmas Themed  and More Christmas Group Activities
Theme and Variations Form and Composing 
May Mash Up -Sightreading, Rhythm, Note Reading and Ear Training
Summer Combo - Technique, Notenaming, Theory, and Ear Training
Ear Training Group Games
Musical Minute to Win It Games
Halloween Group Activities

Other Fun Group Games:
3-2-1 Chord Blastoff
Music Theory Headbandz
Collect-a-Chord
Rhythm Telephone Race
Rhythm Tag


No comments:

Post a Comment